05 February 2010

i might be getting old...

so i went to the eye doctor today for the second time in my life. (the first time was at age 11 in 1992.) the doctor confirmed what i already knew, that my right eye is quite near-sighted and apparently my left eye is compensating for the right one. i have increasingly struggled to see things far away and at night over the last couple of years. sitting in front of the computer all day, every day hasn't caused it, but it certainly hasn't helped.

all this leads to - yes, you guessed it - glasses. luckily i don't need to wear them all the time - just while driving and when going to any activities when i need to see something far away (sporting event, concert, etc.).

my friend julie sent me a facebook comment tonight. she reminded me that i made fun of her last summer for wearing glasses, but also for her anti-wrinkle cream. damn, that is what is coming; it's all creeping in now. i'll be a glasses-wearing, anti-wrinkle-cream-using, gray-hair-sporting old person sooner than i think. lol.

lucky for me, i believe in "we're only as old as we feel." :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment